The Writing Center serves the entire CVCC student body with academic support for any written assignment. Tutoring is currently provided in person and virtually. Students can work one-on-one with a tutor via email exchange partnered with a phone call and/or Zoom. Our staff are experienced and knowledgeable, and our center is CRLA level 1 certified.
Writing is hard. We can help.
The Writing Center is here to help with all your writing needs:
- a comfortable atmosphere with personalized assistance
- any writing assignment
- any class
- any stage in the writing process (from planning and outlining, drafting and revising, to help with research, and more)
- any aspect of writing (thesis, organization, format, composition, documentation, spelling, grammar, and much more)
How does it work?
- Don't wait.
- Call or email the Writing Center, telling us how we can help, or schedule an appointment using Navigate in myCVCC.
- Your tutor will ask about your assignment and set up a time to work with you.
- Your tutor will walk you through the writing process, assist you with trouble spots, and help you identify your writing strengths.
- Each session lasts one hour, and you are encouraged to schedule follow-up sessions.
- You maintain authorship of your work, and your tutor supports your progress with quality feedback to guide you.
Professional Tutor: Marcia Robertson
Support Staff: Vickie Bowman
Looking for something more?
The Writing Center is the proud parent of the CVCC book club. We read a new book each month and meet online for a lively discussion. Join us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Writing Center also publishes Polis, CVCC’s annual journal of literature and art. Want your writing or art considered for publication?
Email Lana Velez email@example.com for more information.
Contact the Writing Center:
Hours of Operation:
(When classes are in session)
|Mon. - Thurs.||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Fri.||9:00 AM -12:00 PM|
|Sat. - Sun.||CLOSED|
|Mon. - Fri.||By Appointment|