The Library Provides
Student access to learning resources in print, audiovisual, and electronic formats.
Assistance in the development of skills necessary for effective utilization of these learning resources.
- Access to resources in print and electronic formats
- Numerous electronic databases
- Computers for student use
- Reference assistance & research workshops -- if you need help in using library resources or locating sources for your papers and assignments, we’ll be happy to assist you in person, through email, by telephone, or by Zoom appointments.
- A quiet, comfortable study area for groups and individuals
- Interlibrary Loan Service
- A limited number of laptops and hotspots for currently enrolled students to check out. See the below links to request one.
What is QuickSearch?
QuickSearch is a one-stop solution for the discovery and delivery of local and remote resources, such as books, journal articles, and digital objects.
Ask a Librarian, our online reference service, enables you and a reference librarian to chat online, in real-time, assisting you with your research.
The Library administers the Virginia Placement Test (VPT) for Dual Enrollment Students. Please call 434-832-7750 for an appointment. Bring a picture ID and your CVCC Student # (SIS #) to the appointment. For more information about Dual Enrollment contact Lisa Panell at 434-832-7832 or by email.
The Library has a limited number of laptops and hotspots which can be checked out for the semester:
How do I get my Student ID/Library Card?
- Please come to the Library or one of the CVCC Off-Campus centers to have your card made. New CVCC Student ID/Library Cards will be issued no earlier than three weeks prior to when each semester starts.
- A form of government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc.) must be presented. If you have no photo ID, a birth certificate or Social Security card will be accepted.
- After the information has been verified, your photo will be taken. Those who come to the Library will be able to receive their card after it is made at the circulation desk. Those who have their photo taken at an Off-Campus Center will have to wait several days before the card is made and shipped to the Center.
- There’s no charge for your first ID Card; if you lose your card and need a replacement, the charge is $10.00 (subject to increase). Replacement cards are only issued to students who are currently enrolled in classes.
- The card is valid only if you are a currently enrolled student. The expiration date on the card (two years from date of issue) is for replacement purposes only. If you stop taking CVCC classes, hold onto the card; it will be valid again if you resume taking classes.
NOTE: When you enroll during or after the three week period, please allow at least twenty-four hours for the library to get your record to make an ID.
For more information, see the Policy on CVCC Student ID/Library Cards.
|Mon. - Thurs.||8:00 AM - 7:30 PM|
|Fri.||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Sat. - Sun.||CLOSED|
When classes are NOT in session, the Library is open from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Mon. - Fri.).