Campus safety is a shared responsibility between CVCC and you.
Real-time communication between you and our well-trained and well-equipped police department is essential to keeping you and our campus safe. Please sign up for our emergency notification system to get the most current information in the event of an emergency on campus. We also suggest that you familiarize yourself with the Code Blue devices around campus so you can use them to contact Campus Police in an emergency.
Your Safety Is Our Highest Priority
The College complies with the Campus Security Awareness Act of 1990. The College’s online statistics concerning crime over a three-year period are accessible by viewing the Annual Security Report on this site. The College employs a campus police force and encourages the reporting of any criminal actions and other emergencies to Campus Police or to the Title IX coordinator for sexual-based offenses. Students can access campus facilities during normal business or classroom hours. Access is restricted at other times in accordance with the College’s access and security policy.
The CVCC Campus Police are committed to:
- Providing public safety services and performing duties with efficiency, professionalism, and integrity in all matters.
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment conducive to enhancing the learning experience.
- Protecting the college equipment, facilities, and supplies from damage, theft or other negative situations.
- Enforcing the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the rules and regulations of CVCC and the VCCS.
- Educating the community on matters related to emergency preparedness and personal safety and security.