Military Tuition Assistance
What is tuition assistance?

Tuition Assistance is federal funding provided by each branch of the service to active duty and reserve service members for college courses. State tuition assistance is provided by the state for State National Guard members.

How do I use my tuition assistance to pay for my college education?

The first step is to speak with your unit Education Services Officer (ESO).

How do I apply for federal and state tuition assistance?

Each branch of the service has their own website with specific guidelines. Please select the link for your branch of service.

Federal tuition assistance:

Air Force
Marine Corps
Coast Guard
National Guard and Reserves

State tuition assistance:

Virginia National Guard

Please contact your unit Education Services Officer (ESO) with your questions – the ESO is highly trained to answer your questions and provide more information regarding the tuition assistance application process.

What does tuition assistance cover?

Tuition assistance only pays the cost of tuition.

What is the deadline to apply?

Each branch of the service has specific deadlines and requirements. Please access the correct military service branch website for more detailed information (above).