Also known as Federal Stafford Student Loans
Be sure you have already completed the FAFSA prior to applying for a loan.
Before you apply sign-in and complete the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note using your FSA ID.
- Choose Complete Counseling and then click Start under Entrance Counseling.
- Choose Complete Master Promissory Note and then click Subsidized/Unsubsidized.
Review the Reference Rules on the form, before completing the reference section.
Bring your driver's license to the Financial Aid Office with the completed Loan Request Form.
Exit counseling for students not enrolled in the current semester or who drop below six credits is available.
Things to Know:
- You must be enrolled in a Financial Aid Eligible Program and at least 6 credit hours for the semester in order to apply.
- The loan amount requested will be divided between the fall and spring semesters (if applying for only one semester, your amount will be divided in half).
- The loan application process takes an estimated two weeks after ALL documents are submitted.
- Loan awards may be viewed on your myCVCC account, using SIS, Self Service, Campus Finances, and then Account Inquiry.
- Loan disbursement checks are mailed to your home address 5-6 weeks after the start of the semester.
CVCC has the right to deny student loans on a case-by-case basis.
Right to Refuse a Loan
You have the right to refuse Federal Stafford Loans offered to you by CVCC even after you have signed the promissory note. We will notify you, in writing, of this entitlement close to the date of the loan disbursement. You must submit your refusal in writing to the Financial Aid Office. If you have outstanding charges at the time of refusal, you must pay them in full at that time.